Sunday 8th April
Westport Park, Park St, Port Macquarie
JOHN BUTLER TRIO
SAN CISCO, MAMMA KIN SPENDER, OH PEP!, BARREL HOUSE
SUN 8TH APRIL
PORT MACQUARIE NSW
The much-anticipated outdoor SummerSalt concert is heading to Port Macquarie for the first time. The event will be sailing in to the picturesque Westport Park, Port Macquarie, New South Wales on Sunday 8 April 2018.
With sun, salt air, and sweet music to wash over the Australian coast, SummerSalt will create the perfect setting to dance the afternoon away with your friends or chill on the grass. New South Wales audiences will be able to soak up some classic seaside charm under the spell of John Butler Trio, San Cisco, Mama Kin Spender, Oh Pep! plus local act Barrel House.
SummerSalt is a newly launched concert event series that will deliver cream of the crop artists to the great Australian outdoors. SummerSalt takes place in some of the most stunning locations around the country. On top of showcasing the best of home-grown and international bands, it also brings cultural attractions, placing a very heavy emphasis on local community and sustainability. This is a first of its kind. The inaugural SummerSalt series of concerts launched with some of Australia’s best loved bands and artists.
John Butler remains one of the most successful independent artists in Australia’s history. His band, the John Butler Trio, have sold out a myriad of performances over the years in Australia and have gone on to take their music worldwide. John Butler has an impressive one million album sales to his name, has been the No. 1 most played artist on Australian radio and has numerous ARIA awards to write home about. Having played on countless festivals across the globe, John Butler Trio are in constant demand, after developing an earnest reputation as one of the best live blues and roots acts to this day. Their recent ARIA award winning album, Flesh & Blood, was released globally in February 2014. This then took them to sold out shows in Australia, Europe & North America, then remarkably saw them play their largest ever headline ticketed show at the famous Red Rocks Amphitheatre (Colorado) in front of nearly 10,000 people. John Butler Trio continues to capture their fans and take them on an organic journey.
San Cisco’s storm came in much like a front approaching the port in their home town of Fremantle; swift and eerily beautiful.
Initially whipped up in the wake of high school graduation, the foursome of Jordi, Josh, Scarlett, and Nick soon found themselves unwittingly defining hipster culture with the video for their breakout hit Awkward.
Fast forward to 2015 where San Cisco enlisted the help of producer and long-term collaborator Steven Schram to deliver their sophomore album Gracetown which debuted at #2 on the ARIA charts. The album showcased a new sound for the band, a more worldly approach to life; exploring the tyranny of love, displacement, homesickness, heartache and heartbreak, via disco, funk, soul and hip hop undertones.
In 2017 San Cisco has unleashed their third album The Water with standout singalong songs Hey, Did I Do You Wrong and The Distance and continues to tour the world with sell out shows from Sydney to LA to Mexico City to London and Amsterdam.
ARIA-nominated Mama Kin and producer Tommy Spender have combined their collective talents into a joyous sound of brooding guitars, primal drums and howling harmonies. Together, Mama Kin Spender have become the soulful music alliance and artistic collaboration between this blissful duo. Their debut single, Air Between Us, was released mid this year and gave music lovers a glorious insight to what we can expect from their forthcoming debut full-length album, Golden Magnets – due for release in March 2018. From dark to light, inward to outward, Mama Kin Spender is a bewitching collision of alchemy, harmony and percussive wizardry.
Oh Pep! are musical explorers who travel in the form of a band; a collaboration between songwriters Olivia Hally (guitar, vocals) & Pepita Emmerichs (fiddle, mandolin). Drawing upon their escapades, they take you on a carefully arranged pop/folk adventure for your ears. After launching into the Australian music scene with their first EP, the duo spent a week by the beach recording with ARIA-Award Winner and CMAA Producer of the Year, Shane Nicholson and have since launched their second EP, II, with a national and international tour. Oh Pep! are currently preparing to record their debut album and tour North America.
The concert event will include a dedicated SummerSalt Lounge area (for lounge tickets holders only) for those who wish to enjoy the show at their own pace and leisure. There will also be access for concert goers to market stalls, mobile food options and activities to bring culture and community together.
- Westport Park
Corner Park Street and Buller Street
Port Macquarie NSWGates open 2.30pm
Barrel House: 3.00pm to 3.30pm
Oh Pep!: 3.45pm to 4.30pm
Mama Kin Spender: 4.55pm to 5.40pm
San Cisco: 6.10pm to 7.00pm
John Butler Trio: 7.30pm to 9.00pm
- (Times may be subject to change)
GENERAL ADMISSION $90.00
CHILDREN (2-12 YEARS) $50
BABIES (0-2 YEARS) FREE* Unfortunately due to our rules and regulations of our event license youth aged 13 – 17 years old are unable to attend the event.
- All children aged 2 to 12 years must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who also hold a valid ticket
- Babies aged 0 to 2 years are free of charge and no ticket is required
- This is an outdoor concert – we play rain or shine
- No seating – please bring your own low back chair or picnic blanket
- No BYO food or alcohol – drinks and food can be purchased at the concert
- Free drinking water will be available on site at water stations
- No umbrellas
- No pass outs
- No sharp items, cutlery or glass
- Smoking will be permitted in designated areas only
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This event is a licensed
- All bags/containers will be subject to a full search
- No refund, exchange or replacement of ticket after purchase.
- We reserve the right to add/withdraw or substitute acts within the line up
- The right of admission is reserved
- Your ticket will be exchanged for a wristband upon entry. This wristband cannot be removed and given to another person. If you lose, remove or break your wristband you will be unable to get a replacement and you may be asked to leave.
- Entry is at own risk. MJR Presents does not accept responsibility for any injuries, loss or damage sustained within or around the event.
- This event is a licensed 18+ event, intoxicated persons may be refused entry or asked to leave.
- Banned Items include: glass, drugs including synthetic drugs, weapons of any kind, pets, furniture, laser lights, fireworks, flammable liquids of any kind. Discovery of any such item will result in eviction and possible prosecution.
- Confiscated items will not be returned to patrons.
- Stage diving, crowd surfing and moshing are strictly prohibited.
- Aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated and could result in eviction.
- MJR Presents maintains the right to cancel ticket purchases of any person/s whom they deem not suitable for this event.
- This event will run in all weather unless the safety of the artists and patrons are in danger. MJR Presents reserves the right to reschedule the event and change locations.
- There is no vehicle access to Westport Park except in case of emergency.