CALLING ALL DANCING QUEENS AND SUPER TROUPERS
ABBA ORCHESTRATED HAS ARRIVED
WESTPORT PARK GETS SET TO COME ALIVE WHEN BABBA HITS THE STAGE WITH A 30 PIECE SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA CONDUCTED BY GEORGE ELLIS
Saturday November 3rd will be an unforgettable evening filled with timeless hits as The Music of ABBA comes alive, performed by BABBA and The George Ellis Orchestra.
Fans of the legendary Swedish band ABBA will rejoice as BABBA and the George Ellis Orchestra meet the challenge in creating a symphonic concert like you’ve never seen before, paying homage to ABBA’s timeless music.
Following hundreds of millions of albums sold, and forty years after being formed, the music of ABBA can still be heard – and seen – everywhere.
George Ellis is one of Australia’s most admired conductors, composers and orchestrators working with Hans Zimmer, Lou Reed, The Church, Megan Washington and in many cities around the world with career highlights such as the Sydney Olympic opening ceremonies, arts and cultural festivals, opening nights, ARIA Awards, and sporting finals such as the NRL and Davis Cup. He will lead the 30-piece symphony orchestra with BABBA as they pay loving tribute to ABBA, together they will be re-imagining all your favourite ABBA songs as you’ve never experienced them before including Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!, Dancing Queen, Money Money Money, S.O.S., Take a Chance on Me, Chiquitita, Mamma Mia, Voulez-Vous, The Winner Takes it All, Knowing Me Knowing You , Fernando, Does Your Mother Know, Thank You for the Music, One of Us and More!
The approach to combining pop musicians and symphonies has been a game changer for orchestras in their quest to attract new and more expansive audiences.
Promoter Scott Mesiti from MJR Presents says “The beautiful thing about music is its capacity to bring people together for something that transcends the individual experience. I worked with George Ellis and his Orchestra on the Hans Zimmer tour and can’t wait to see Port Macquarie experience a world class orchestral event, in a relaxed, open-air setting”.
The seminal anthems of generations combined with the power of the 30-piece Symphony Orchestra attended by Australia’s most celebrated conductor George Ellis, The Music of ABBA is sure to provide an escapist treat in melancholy times. The authentic costumes, vocal collaboration and stage performance exude an extraordinary re-creation of the magic and excitement of the legendary band.
As from their winning performance at the Eurovision Song Contest in 1974 with Waterloo, ABBA is known and loved all over the world and is without any doubt the most popular music pop group of all times, selling in excess of 37 billion records throughout their career.
BABBA is the most exciting and musically accurate tribute to ABBA in the world. In a spellbinding performance of all the hits, BABBA takes you on a musical journey that will have you on your feet uncontrollably. With spine tingling harmonies and a band that will rock your socks off, BABBA is simply the best night out in town.
The concert is a fully licensed event, with a choice of gourmet food available on site. Tickets are priced at $39.00 plus booking fee.
Don’t miss this powerful combination pay homage to ABBA like you’ve never seen before.
JOIN THE BACKSTAGE CREW
Get access backstage, pre sale tickets and exclusive offers
TICKETS ON SALE 10AM 11TH SEPTEMBER 2019 AVAILABLE VIA LINK BELOW OR IN PERSON AT THE GLASSHOUSE IN PORT MACQUARIE
BUY BUS TICKETS BELOW
(Does not include entry ticket)
GENERAL ADMISSION $39.00 + Booking fees
- This is an outdoor concert – we play rain or shine
- No seating – General Admission ticket holders are permitted to bring 1 (per person) reasonably sized camping chair (max 81cm height back of chair). MJR reserves the right to refuse patrons to bring in chairs they deem to be oversized, in poor condition or damaged to the point where injuries may occur. PLEASE NOTE: chairs should NOT be left behind, please take them home with you. This event supports minimal waste and environmental impact
- No BYO food or alcohol – drinks and food can be purchased at the concert
- Free drinking water will be available on site at water stations
- No umbrellas
- No pass outs
- No sharp items, cutlery or glass
- Smoking will be permitted in designated areas only
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This event is licensed 18 +
- All bags/containers will be subject to a full search
- No refund, exchange or replacement of ticket after purchase.
- We reserve the right to add/withdraw or substitute acts within the line up
- The right of admission is reserved
- Your ticket will be exchanged for a wristband upon entry. This wristband cannot be removed and given to another person. If you lose, remove or break your wristband you will be unable to get a replacement and you may be asked to leave.
- Entry is at own risk. MJR Presents does not accept responsibility for any injuries, loss or damage sustained within or around the event.
- This event is a licensed 18+ event, intoxicated persons may be refused entry or asked to leave.
- Banned Items include: glass, drugs including synthetic drugs, weapons of any kind, pets, furniture, laser lights, fireworks, flammable liquids of any kind. Discovery of any such item will result in eviction and possible prosecution.
- Confiscated items will not be returned to patrons.
- Stage diving, crowd surfing and moshing are strictly prohibited.
- Aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated and could result in eviction.
- MJR Presents maintains the right to cancel ticket purchases of any person/s whom they deem not suitable for this event.
- This event will run in all weather unless the safety of the artists and patrons are in danger. MJR Presents reserves the right to reschedule the event and change locations.
- There is no vehicle access to Westport Park except in case of emergency.
- Names on tickets are only used to verify proof of purchase should the ticket not scan.
- Should your ticket not scan and you cannot prove purchase from an authorised ticket seller you will be refused entry.
- VIAGOGO or TICKETMASTER RESALE are NOT authorised sellers, do not purchase through them.
- We cannot verify ticket validity when purchased from third parties such as gumtree, ebay or facebook.
Entry into the Venue
Whilst we understand the desire to line up early to secure the best vantage point – there are no shelters or facilities available at the entry point.
All patrons will be wrist banded on entry so if you intend to consume alcohol you will need to show ID upon entry. The following forms of ID are accepted:
- A valid driver or riders licence or permit (issued by and Australian State or Territory)
- Valid Passport
- Proof of Age card issued by a public authority or the Commonwealth or of another State or Territory for the purpose of attesting to a person’s identity and age
- Keypass (over 18) Identity card issued by Australia Post.
All bags will be searched on entry. There will be express entry lanes available for those without bags. Please note that alcohol, eskies, picnic baskets, hampers, commercial or packaged store-bought food will NOT be permitted. Please ensure you check the full prohibited items list before arrival. No bags bigger than A4.
Once inside the venue pass-outs will NOT be permitted. If you leave the venue you will NOT be admitted back in.